Re: [TCML] A new Tesla Coil-driven Ignition System?

> http://tinyurl.com/5rrvz4b
> http://www.federalmogul.com/images/CorpComm/ACIS/ACIS_Comparison.jpg

http://www.federalmogul.com/NR/rdonlyres/D41A5B62-623C-4EE3-8E7C-B9F60F3D7A51/0/ACISIgnition_FINAL.pdf

    I had Assumed the tiny url was the same as the .jpg file.
    My bad.  My link, likely to require reassembly goes to a
    .pdf.  That said, I'd take some convincing on the proposed
    system: i could be rong.

    Happens, that in a 'parallel group' i recently proposed
    that the

    'classic' pointsncoilncap ignition

    was a sort of Tesla Coil: primary, cap, points, secondary.
    If the cap opens, performance degrades, a lot, also the cap is
    matched to the coil.  Some objected, another found one
    of Tesla's patents FOR a Gas Engine Ignition system...

    (granted: I've not checked for resonance in a classic
    ignition system...)  The usual patent for the classic system
    is credited to Kettering...

    best
     dwp