Re: [TCML] Re: Simple SSTC topology

Hey---

Either a full or half bridge has the advantage that the FETs are self-protecting. Spikes of either polarity are caught by the body diode of one or the other FET. With a single FET, there is no protection for positive-going spikes. High- and low-side drivers are readily available and not hard to use.

---Carl

Sorry, I might not have been clear in what I was referring to.

The primary and secondary coil configuration and geometry aside, I was more
interested in the single MOSFET driver circuit. If this configuration would
work (and intuitively, I also suspect it would), why would anyone go to the
bother of creating an H-bridge driver circuit?

Cheers,
Greg

--
Greg Young Morris