Re: [TCML] tcs as musical instruments...

On 4/1/12 2:53 PM, Scott Moseley wrote:
Mr. Slawinski,

Thanks for your reply.  Yes, I have a good idea of the amount of work that
goes into it.  I was just commenting on the current prices posted on the
internet.  My current coil has cost me well over $500CND, and it still
doesn't work.

Bringing up an interesting question...

What does it cost to build a coil? From scratch.

Not, what did it cost someone on the list who scrounged parts, etc.

Even a small tabletop NST powered static sparkgap coil is going to be in the couple hundred bucks range if you buy parts (like the NST) new.