[TCML] The cost to build a TC

Jim,

That's a very open-ended question.  It's safe to say that price
obviously scales with sparks. Also, it's important to note that price
is also going to vary depending on how skilled you are at building
them.  For first timers there will be mistakes which make the cost go
up. Finish quality also comes into play here.  Obviously a hack-job is
going to be a lot cheaper than something that is polished off.
Personally, I find it hard to really quantify the price spent to
create a coil.  Usually I'm building a one-off, and I may go through
several different renditions.

I do have one coil that I can break down the cost on (roughly). This
particular coil is my DRSSTC V.  I did get some of the parts on eBay,
so if I were to buy the parts new from a distributor It would cost a
little more. http://www.flickr.com/photos/pslawinski/4550187194/in/set-72157623355704761

$320 -- Toroids
$225 -- Plastics w/ Machining
$70 -- Copper tubing