Sent: Saturday, August 04, 2012 3:55 AM
To: Tesla Coil Mailing List
Subject: [TCML] MOT xformer as a mag amp

Has anyone ever tried to use mot as a mag amp. Most mot tc's use an mot in series with the sec. Shorted for I limiting the output mot xformer. What if you removed the secondary completely and wound , say 2 windings of maybe 25 turns each of 14guage wire. Connect them IN PHASE so there would never be any ac there. Here is where you could inject variable low voltage dc to control the impedance (by saturating the core) of the primary to which is connected in series with the transformer you are driving for your high V. You can get up to 10:1 gain this way . Another words power of 1000watts could be controlled with 100 watts of dc saturating current Just a thought, maybe an alternative way to And control the output of the tc at the same time
Tesla mailing list
Tesla@xxxxxxxxxx