From: bturner@xxxxxxxx <bturner@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [TCML] difference between 10 mA from a flyback and a low voltage PSU ?
Date: Saturday, August 18, 2012, 4:28 PM

Simply stated, the human body can be thought of as a complex resistor (and
minor inductor) network. It's WHICH path the current takes, and to what
degree the localized voltage drop is. (Ever done any study on mesh
currents, Norton and Thevenin analysis?)

The voltage drop is a function of the applied VOLTAGE to the network, ie;
the human body. Ergo, a higher source voltage at equal current is going to
result in a higher voltage drop (and power dissipation.)

DC vs AC gets very complicated, and has a LOT to do with the FREQUENCY.
60Hz is awfully ** close to the resting heartbeat of a typical human
being. 60Hz at a high enough level in the right places can cause the heart
to go into arrythmia or even fibrulation. 60Hz can also confuse nerve
signals to the muscles causing involuntary contractions. This is
especially true for power grid work. Accidental contact to a live 60Hz
line will case the hand muscles to contract (making an even LOWER contact
resistance!) and of course nailing the heart.

Don't forget about simple tissue heating as well. An ordinary hot dog will
cook just as well on DC power as it does when plugged into the wall..