Re: [TCML] Coil Conversion Project.

Hello Jim,
Quite interesting. It sounds like you have been doing this for a while (70's).
Neat also is how someone was tinkering with this about a hundred years ago.
I am looking for a design that will play a large spectrum of notes. There is a used electrical supply house nearby that sells variable frequency drives which I can use as an inverter to get my DC from. My coil size is 540-watts, 9,000-volts, about 48" tall, with about a 4" by 20.5" toroid producing 30" max arcs.
Here is a youtube video of it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewP4leT_C1I
Can you think of anyone who can possibly help me write up a set of plans for this project? I will be willing to pay for the help.
Thanks.