Re: [TCML] Triplet three phase tesla coil

On 28/8/2012 12:20, Neon Tesla wrote:
        I was thinking too much recently and I was
inspired! We build single phase twin TC so why
not build a triplet coil with three phase? Well the
first problem is most residential current is single
phase, so after seeing that many conversion
methods would cost a ton, I decided on a
barbaric method, run a three phase motor with
a single pase motor, and what do you know,
Polyphasic alternating current! So this problem
aside how would one wire said coil, maybe with
a 3 phase xformer  supplying a three different
caps and spark gaps all using different phases?
Any ideas?
There is no relation with the power line phases. A Tesla
coil runs at much higher frequency. Unless you make a high-frequency
multiphase alternator and use it as a DRSSTC driver.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexanderson_alternator
A three-phases variation of the Tesla coil can be built as three
DRSSTCs with the drivers (better to make them electronic) switching
with 120 degrees of phase difference.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz