Re: [TCML] Triplet three phase tesla coil

As Jim said this won't produce three phase RF. In a bipolar coil the two secondaries are180 degrees out of phase at the resonate frequency.

Ages ago when I did a Bipolar article for the TCBA a number of us tried to come up with a true
Tripolar design but never pursued it. It could probably be done with one of the solid state designs and maybe someone will have a clever idea for a spark gap Tripolar coil. If you do please let us know.

Greg Leyh and a couple others have used three phase mains for their DC coils. And I think Brent had a design in his book that used three phase mains to spread the power over three spark gaps ( and caps?) to increase the bang size for a conventional coil.

Regards,
BrianB