Re: [TCML] Never Work With Children, Chemicals or Tesla Coils

I've had the fun disco lights with ETC dimming systems. Likes to play havoc with the SIMM module. My thought was that it was getting into the dimmers through the leads haning down from the raceway boxes on the overhead electrics pipes. But I didn't have much choice for ground. It had to be power ground, as I would have needed to run 200+ feet of cable to get out of the building to a ground stake.

I've had no problems in theatres with variac dimmers!

David Weiss

OOps!

I haven't been with KVa for quite some time now, and I DO know that great
pains are taken for safety. Sounds to me like there was inadequate or
missing grounding for the structure. (One reason why I carry a bunch of
grounding clips...)

Just goes to show that even though you THINK everything is OK, it might
just not. Triple-check and then check it again with another person...

- brent