Re: [TCML] IGBT H Bridge Driving info needed

The most common way for driving high voltage half and H bridges are to use
components called bootstrapping high side drivers.  There are many types,
most well known are the devices made by international rectifier (for
example the IR2113 is very common).  But for driving SSTC and DRSSTC
bridges (where you only need to drive with a 50% duty cycle), using a gate
drive transformer is generally a more robust and simpler option.  See steve
ward's website for more explanation of how GDTs work for tesla coils.

-Mike