Re: [TCML] Voltage - Gap

You know, that was another interesting point someone brought up at the time, if this is what you mean by "alignment"...
I was running the cap with it laying flat, with the terminals horizontal, not "upright."  It was suggested this was not the preferred orientation.

I had seen pics of someone (I think Steve Ward) having built a large Marx Generator, with lots of these same caps laying flat and so simple mindedly I just popped mine down haphazardly.  However, that's a Marx Generators are a very different application.   And one should never do anything without forethought when dealing with Coil voltages/currents.

I learned my lesson.

Joe