Re: [Bulk] [TCML] Safety Issue for heart bypass surgery patients

Hi Jeff,

Well, I'm no doctor, but it's my understanding
that the main issue with Tesla coils vs. heart pa-
tients is when they have an installed pacemaker,
which obviously has sensitive electronics. I per-
sonally can't see where being in the near proximity
of an operating Tesla coil poses any "additional"
hazard to a recovering heart bypass patient than it
would to anyone else, other than that he/she would
likely be in a weakened cardic condition during the
recovery process. However, keep in mind that like I
said, I am NOT a medical professional, nor do I claim
any competant medical knowledge thereof. However,
it is my understanding that one of our fellow list
members, one Peter Terren (Tesla Downunder),
does happen to be a medical doctor, so maybe he
would like to chime in with some truely "profes-
sional" advice regarding this subject mater.?

David Rieben

----- Original Message ----- From: "jeff mill" <jeffmill2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, February 24, 2012 6:44 AM
Subject: [Bulk] [TCML] Safety Issue for heart bypass surgery patients

Hello,
This may sound like an off the wall question but I need to know.
My brother and myself were working on a 1.6kva tesla coil. He will be going in surgery this morn for bypass surgery. After the surgery they will be wiring he sternum closed with SS wire. For his sake, would it be wise for him to leave the project and not be around while operation the tesla .