Re: [TCML] Hoyt Axton Tesla Coil

Actually Frank, I would love to see any pics you have of this coil.
Please send to: bartb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks for sharing.
Bart

On 2/25/2012 12:07 AM, Frank wrote:
Hi all,
I won a nice Tesla coil off Ebay. It was custom built for Hoyt Axton by Bill Wysock.
It ended up in Montana where Hoyt spent his final years.
You can Goggle Hoyt for his bio.
I have it home and cleaned up and working.
I had to replace the power cord and cap and get a new key made for the key switch and tighten all connections. The original cap was a glass oil filled one and it had gotten cracked and all the oil leaked out at some point. If anyone would like pix of it and I would be happy to send about a 3mb file of pictures and info. Appears to have a 9kv NST (no data plate on the xfmr) and a 0.01 mfd cap with a 5" dia secondary and about 15 1/2" of windings on clear Lucite tubing.
Has a single 1/2" dia tungsten spark gap and a 5" copper sphere top load.
Will throw about an 8" spark.
Tesla mailing list
Tesla@xxxxxxxxxx