Re: [TCML] Calculating the C of multiple Spheres for a top load ?

Hey---

The 11.4pF is for an isolated sphere, so the filed lines extend out to the universe in all directions. If the 4 spheres are close together each will shield the others so that each will have only partial access to the universe, so the C of the total array will be lower than 4x the C of one sphere. The intersphere distance makes a difference, too. The real value will probably be somewhere between the 11.4 and the 22.7, although with wide spacing it could get close to the 45.6. I would advocate a reasonable primary tuning range.

---Carl

Hell again
I’m puzzled . If I plug in an 8” dia sphere in TM it comes up with 11.4pf, If I have four of them 4 X 11.4 = 45.6pf I would think.  Now the surface area of four of them when calculating, is equal to a 16” sphere but when I plug a 16” sphere into TM is only doubles and comes up with 22.7pf, not 45.6pf like I would think. Can anyone sheds some light on this ?  Which is correct ?

Thanks JM