Re: [TCML] Metal ARSG disk?

On 1/8/12 2:18 AM, Yurtle Turtle wrote:
Would the belt have to be something special, or is an ordinary fan belt insulated enough for HV/HF?

ones I've seen have used toothed belts that use aramid (i.e not steel) reinforcing. Depends on if you want synchronous or asynchronous.

As a practical matter, a standard V-belt might work, but I'd want to check it. And you WILL need something to make sure the motor shaft is grounded (because the belt will carry charge, if nothing else). A simple metal spring on the end of the shaft would work. Not like you're carrying even milliamps.