Re: [TCML] Plasma Tubes!

Very Nice...

Back in the 80's, I knew a fantastic neon artist in Marina Del Rey who did
this. Used pyrex laboratory flasks for the globes, and yes, even back then
some of the more 'exotic' gasses weren't cheap... One thing that really
stood out though was that you literally had to anneal, anneal, anneal and
then bake, bake, bake to make the things last a long time. We actually
filled one globe that lit at nearly atomospheric pressure with one of my
flyback power supplies that ran on only 12 volts... Wow.

Boy does this bring back some memories.

- b