Re: [TCML] voltage

The definitive theoretical (and practical) discussion of VLF and LF
high voltage measurement techniques are clearly delineated in this
report by the US Navy.  It was found by Bert Hickman and is a
_phenomenal_ reference.

http://www.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/a526052.pdf

The only caveats are it is based on arguably the worlds largest and
most powerful "push-pull" CW-VTTC (100kW) for insulator testing to
support VLF communications.  The arc, spark, streamer breakdown
structure, measurement techniques, methodologies are all there for
the casual experimenter and/or professional to read and ponder.

There is nothing left to the imagination; in short an outstanding
reference.  Voltages to 300kV are supported with this system, and
power requirements based on voltage needs are also discussed
in detail.

--
Dave Sharpe, TCBOR/HEAS
Chesterfield, VA USA