Re: [TCML] voltage

Here is a link to Terry Fritz's papers. for those of you who are looking
http://www.capturedlightning.org/hot-streamer/TeslaCoils/MyPapers/planant/waveant3.html

i just read threw it, and the only thing i have a question on is how is he calibrating the current?

He says " The calibration of the current is adjusted by moving the antenna closer to or further from the coil. The calibration of the voltage is adjusted by varying the value of C3. Once the current is known, the secondary voltage can be calculated by the following equation:"
and
" The distance of the current antenna was adjusted until the base current was equal to the current on the current probe antenna."

but no where can I find what exactly he is calibrating it too.
Is the base current the current from the RF ground to ground?

Also maybe I am missing something but, after reading it a few times it seems to me that based on this statement

" Once the current is known, the secondary voltage can be calculated by the following equation:

Vs = Is x Ls x 2 x pi x Fo

Where:
Vs = The coil's secondary voltage
Is = The coil's secondary current
pi = 3.14159...
Fo = The coil's resonant frequency "

it appears that all we really need to know is the current, and the voltage can be calculated with ease.
or is this just for calibration purposes?

It would be nice if the calibration process was explicitly outlined in a step by step fashion. Maybe i am just being dumb and don't understand what he is doing. Can someone smarter than me shed some light onto this?

Thanks,
John "Jay" Howson IV

"Why thank you, I will be happy to take those electrons off your hands."