RE: [TCML] Voltage - Gap

I believe that the on-time of a gap, be it static or rotary, is determined strictly by the time it takes the primary/secondary systems to achieve quench.  It will be difficult to incorporate this into a program, because factors affecting quench itself are not fully understood and is dependent on streamer loading and whether streamers connect to targets.

I know that the arc observed between RSG electrodes occurs as the rotating electrode *approaches* the fixed electrode.  The fact that there is an existing cloud of hot ionized gas from previous bangs probably helps make this arc longer than it might otherwise be.  I think that it's unlikely however that the arc is on long enough that it will draw the arc as the moving electrode is moving *away*.  Under most circumstances, the system would have achieved quench long ago, independent of mechanical alignment.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA

<Snip!>