[TCML] Plate Modulated Tesla Coil Schematics

Thought you guys might get a kick out of this; It's a high level (plate modulated) VTTC powered by a pair of 304tl's @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTZT0ocvOc4&feature=youtu.be Jim @ http://www.arizona-am.net/PHOENIX/KB7OCY/ has done a fabulous job constructing the web page which now includes Schematics and Wiring Diagrams of the actual 304TL modulator! The output blows the doors off of "standard" MOSFET designs, which are normally FM modulated. Although the parts I used may be somewhat hard to find these days, I don't see any reason one can't use a car stereo bass amplifier to do the same thing using MOSFET design and a  large filament transformer (6.3 volts or 12.6 volt to 120 volts AC) to do the same thing. I know of someone who has just done this, and his results are incredible. "Talk Power" is where it's at using plate (or buss) modulation. Simple rules are that the modulator needs to have about 60% of the total power input to the RF deck; so for a 500 watt tesla coil, you would need about 300 watts of audio. Peak to Peak envelope power causes the sparks to really "jump" on hard hitting audio; truly fascinating.

Regards,
Hank