Re: [TCML] ID an unknown transfomer

>I'm pretty sure it's an ignition coil for an old farm tractor.

>I remember seeing those when I was a young'un back some 60+ years ago.
>But I can't remember which machine it was for...  sorry.

Thanks, Ralph, I feel sure you're right. I grew up in the country and once you mentioned tractors I could see their coils in my mind's eye. That's why it's sealed in waterproof phenolic, because it's exposed to the elements in the tractor's engine bay.

   If helpful: there are antique tractor/engine folk,
   as dedicated to their field as we are to ours.

   Likely one might identify this thru them?

   This time of year 'tractor meets' are common.

best
dwp