Re: [TCML] Calculating transformer output at lower voltages

I'll second the motion --

A few years ago, I spent an afternoon trying to figure out the windings of a transformer for a bandsaw blade welder. I was using a good Fluke DVM, and getting inconsistent results that were just all over the place.

When I put a 1000 ohm power resistor across the meter probes, all the readings fell into place and sanity was restored. I've found now that Fluke even makes a low impedance meter with an input impedance of only 3K ohms specifically for this purpose.

Dave