Re: [TCML] Calculating transformer output at lower voltages

I haven't observed this either but did have one total disaster feeding the primary of a capacitor-load 15 kV, 60 ma transformer with low voltage from a variac. As I increased the voltage the magnetizing inductance must have increased so much that the secondary went into resonance, the voltage jumped from a hundred volts or so up to enoug kV to blow up the 1000V range on my Simspson 260. Ferroresonace with a vengeance!!!!!!! Feeding the secondary seemed to work OK.