[TCML] Crock Croft Walton Voltage Multiplier

             Im not sure if this is of topic but;
I wan't to build a voltage multiplier but I have seen very little on the
practical construction of large units, my 3 main questions of construction
are, firstly what type of capacitors would work, would high voltage
distribution PFC's be suitable? Secondly what are the values that should
be used for the Capacitors and Diodes in relation to the power source,
should the parts be over rated? And last I've seen Crock Croft  Walton
multipliers used in the same way as a Van De Graff in hair raising stunts,
should or could this safely be attempted?
--
*Don't lower your expectations, raise the voltage !*