----- Original Message -----
From: pterren@xxxxxxxxxxxx
............>
In fact I use a bigger one for my 18 inch coil. Resonance is 40kHz.
0.1 uF MMC (3 rows of 20 times 0.68 uF 1600 V Type CD 941C 20P68K).
This is the upgraded capacitor bank using the 941 series caps rather than
the Tesla coiler preferred 942 series. It has much better voltage
characteristics 36 kV vs 24 kV DC. RMS current rating is similar but
adequate. The dV/dt is less but this is a low frequency coil so that might
not be as important. The much bigger capacitance means only 60 caps rather
than 240 for the 942 series. I have enough to make a spare.
http://tesladownunder.com/TCtankCap2011side.jpg

Peter