Re: [TCML] Re-visited - Newbie question - Where does all the energy go?

Peter,

The diameter reducing extensions at the ends of of the copper tubes can be
made of metal too.  As long as the diameter is smaller than the tubes, the arc
won't occur in that area.  The non-conductive separator can work well also
as you said.

A good design too for a spark gap is the so-called RQ/TCBOR style
in which the air blows through the tubes and cools them from within.

Cheers,
John