From: "charles rakes" <crakes29@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, November 25, 2012 11:17:12 AM
Subject: Re: [TCML] dc tesla coil

Thanks John for your help. I finally found a few details on the rotary gap
and dc coils by searching this forum. Also spent hours searching by google
only and did not find much. I've been looking over all of my old Tesla
components and have found almost every part I need less a small
storage/filter cap. I do have two 70mfd/10kv very large and heavy caps
that could be used, however when I was using one of these brutes in a coin
shrinking circuit every time it fired it sounded like a 12g shotgun going
off. Made me real nervous and sent my shop cats into hiding. I have a two
pole pigs, several nst, high voltage heavy plate transformers to choose
from so charging the 70mdf cap is not a problem, however some what slow in
bringing the up to voltage for the first time. I have more stuff to search
through but for the next two weeks I'm limited to lifting no more than
10lbs. Almost everything I need is much heaver. It has been a good while
since reading this forum and I had forgotten just how great the people on
this forum were so helpful, especially some one like me asking questions
that probably been covered here many times. I'll search first and then ask
for help here. Thanks to all. Charles