Re: [TCML] maxwell Capacitor

On 9/17/12 10:47 AM, jhowson4@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Thank you,

The 25A hard limit is killing me, as I need around 100A .04uf. Oh well, these caps are not a good investment as such.

100 A RMS? How much power are you running? Don't confuse peak and RMS current. In a typical spark gap coil, the RMS current is pretty low: you may have a big peak current, but the current only lasts for a few hundred microseconds, and then nothing until the next "bang" 8 milliseconds later.

The spec sheet for this cap can be found here:
www.ga-esi.com/EP/capacitors/cap-specs/31662.pdf

Bert