Re: [TCML] Re: Toroid

On 9/30/12 3:23 PM, anthony lockwood wrote:
What on earth are you talking about,was this message ment for me.if
it was my torroid is 18" inner is 8".

so the diameter of the tube is about 5"?

20" windings 1000 turns.

12 turns
quarter with quarter for primary.

two nsts in parallel.

What voltage and current?

and 25 salt
water caps.

WHat kind of salt water caps? Beerbottle in a bucket? Have you measured the capacitance

I only get ,2" lightning to an earthed rod.that's my
problem it's a big thing with pitifull results.and that's it lol.

how is the bottom of the secondary connected to ground?

2" is pretty short for 800-1000 W power input.. how did you do your tuning?
What kind of spark gap are you using?

Do you have a breakout point on your toroid? are you getting lots of 2" sparks at once, or just one?

Hello. I constructed the 30" top load as advised and much to my
dismay, I am still getting multiple smaller arcs. If I change the
tuning and add a Breakout point, I can get one, sometimes two,
larger arcs. I can't get the arcs to exceed 3'; I feel my coil is
under performing for the 1.1kw I am pumping into it. My smaller top
load is almost more impressive, as it produces arcs of comparable
length from a much smaller package. Any advice? Thanks.