 From: Carl Noggle <cn@xxxxx>
Sent: Monday, April 15, 2013 5:15 PM
Subject: Re: [TCML] Re: Halfwave rectified Tesla coil and spark growth.

Hey---

Mondo years ago I rectified a small TC that gave about 8 inch sparks.  I used a string of about 40 TV flyback diodes, 13 kV and 3 mA continuous. They are about the size of 1/4 watt resistors.  It worked for about a minute.  We had it hooked up to a 12 inch sphere and it was just like a Van de Graaff generator.  Then it quit.  All the diodes were shorted.

The scheme would probably work with adequate diodes and maybe 20 M grading resistors and small caps.  It should undoubtedly be potted. too.  It would be fun to try it.

---Carl

-----Original Message----- From: pterren@xxxxxxxxxxxx