Re: [TCML] Faraday Cage Safety

> > I'm not sure about the aesthetics of the cage but can add that for
> > sure the spark gap, capacitor, and all leads to and from
>> the primary need to be shielded as well, probably better than
>> the top of the coil itself because, in addition to the desired
>> primary frequency, there will be VHF signals of enormous peak power
     Having debugged a few Faraday cages:
       Any wire entering/leaving will carry 'noise' out,
       unless handled appropriately at the cage wall.
       Specifically a filter 'in' the wall is the best
       (only???) effective approach.  This can take some
       thought, tinkering and debug.  'free standing'
       filters can lose effectiveness as noise simply
       'radiates/couples' around/past the filter,
       unless the filter is 'in' a cage wall.

       Similarly any shields inside should
       terminate(connect) to the inside of the cage,
       any outside shields should terminate(connect) to
       the outside.  An insulated shield passing thru
       the cage will conduct noise out of the cage.

       best
        dwp