[TCML] RF choke for DC supplies?

Hi all,

I am in the process of building a DC coil and have been perusing the pages of Greg Leyh's Electrum coil with interest. I note that on this page, http://www.lod.org/Projects/electrum/NewZealand/pages/nzrfchoke.html , he details an RF choke, presumably to protect the DC supply and diodes. Is the use of such a choke a necessity for normal DC powered coils? I would have thought the charging inductor would perform well in this role?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Cheers,

Tesla mailing list
Tesla@xxxxxxxxxx