 From: John Donges <jdonges@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, August 30, 2013 6:25 PM
Subject: Re: [TCML] DMM Question

A lot of what you are paying for with fluke is input
protection(safety).  If that is important fluke do have the 110 series
with the 117 and 116 mesuring capacitance. they are made in china, but
to a high standard using fluke components. to see why input protection
is important, or just for giggles check out eevblog's high energy
multimeter destruction on you
tube.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-FZP1U2dkM ; dave also has some
vids comparing cheaper dmm's
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-_dUB8vy8U&feature=c4-overview-vl&list=PL4F0B97C59B1D2509