[Home][2013 Index] Re: [TCML] 3 phase mot dc coil first light [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] 3 phase mot dc coil first light

Team

Make sure if steel wool in the environment NO little microscopic threads from it in the gubbins, I recommend a glass paper to be sure if you use that method. A hot iron will remove many of the insulation coatings I believe

Rids
Ted in NZ

<SNIP>
Wipe of the oil, then take a lighter to the end of the wire and burn off
the insulation.  Well, it doesn't actually "burn off", but it carbonizes
and loses it's structure, which makes it a breeze to scrub off with with
some steel wool.  Be gentle, because the copper gets soft from the heat.

Jon