From: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Jim Lux
Sent: Wednesday, 11 December 2013 4:05 PM
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [TCML] Announcing: New tcml web site

On 12/10/13 7:06 PM, AusTesla wrote:
> That nod is really deserved for all the wonderful people that post to
> this list for the same reasons.  I love the intelligent discussion but
> don't usually feel smart enough to join in, hence my mostly lurker
> status.  Hope to have some pictures and videos soon of some new coils
> I am building though that I can share.
>
>>From the moderators, just as an idea to list members who might be
> interested, how much trolling and the like to you guys have to filter
> for us?  We members never get to see the rubbish that so many other
> lists endure.

very little... The auto reject does about 5-10 messages a day (obvious spam
or gibberish)

I'd say we reject perhaps a message a month (Chip can probably get some sort
of statistic out of mailman).  Usually, it's someone who forgot some piece
of info in a "for sale" listing.

I tend to reject or just drop messages that are responses to "test, is the
list alive".. my rejection tells you that the list got the message posting,
and there's no need to clutter the archives with it.

We get a message a month or so from someone posting from a different email
source than they usually do.  If you're posting from multiple clients with
multiple return addresses, you can just subscribe under the multiple
addresses, and turn off delivery to all but one.