[Home][2013 Index] Re: [TCML] Photos [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Photos

Hello all!

Thank you for the kind words, I had a wonderful time working on this and
look forward to getting the sync gap running and spring to come around so I
can test some more. Michigan winters are not good for outdoor coils haha.

As for the specs on the coil

The whole coil with the base and caster stands about 86" from the pavement.
My neighbors love it and I have drawn folks from several blocks away
looking for the noise. The house across the street had just moved in the
day before first light! Imagine their surprise when they looked out their
window that first night. I felt bad and shut down early as they hid inside
and peered out their windows through the blinds at their "crazy" new
neighbor, but the next day they had a ton of questions, we have now enjoyed
may a BBQs since then.

Toroid
42x8
(It is ducting covered in lightweight drywall compound and foil tape)

Secondary
8.25x38
1600 turns exactly

MMC is 142 942c
106.7nF

Power in is 240
Center grounded
All shunts removed so I do have them ballasted by an old arc welder
Before I removed the shunts I did not have the ballast but after removing
them I did for sure. But the performance seems to be quite a bit better and
my Mots seem to take the stress better.
I ballast them to about 40 amps of draw from the wall. So almost 10kva.
All mots are sealed and under oil.