Re: [TCML] Copper strap primary

Hi Colin,

Keep in mind that while the surface area may be greater than the
copper tube you're looking at, less of the conductor will actually be
used when compared to copper tube.  This is because the current has a
tendency to bunch up right on the edges of the ribbon with very little
of it flowing through the center.  This FEMM simulation I did some
time ago illustrates that point quite clearly:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/pslawinski/5098711996/sizes/o/in/photostream/

-Phillip