Sent: Sunday, February 17, 2013 9:28 AM
To: Tesla Coil Mailing List
Subject: [TCML] DC SGTC charging inductor

Hi all,

I'm experimenting a bit with a small spark gap Tesla coil to get acquainted
with dc resonant charging.

The HV source is a HVDC tester which has a huge 250W flyback and the
primary cap is a string of 10 942Cs.
For the de-Q-ing diode I intend to use 3 microwave oven diodes in series.

But I'm going to need some pointers on how to build a proper charging
inductor,
like size, app. number of windings and HV-insulation. Any advice is
welcome, thanks.

Mark