Re: [TCML] tripolar coil

I found a really neat digital three phase controller kit online.  There are
at least two companies who provide these.  There is a difference in the way
the PWM is implemented.

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/overview.jsp?code=WBT_MOTORPWMTUT_WP

One is based on the beginning of the signal and the other is based on the
center of the signal.  Sine wave applications would likely do better with
the center-based signal.  I would imagine a tripolar TC would do better
with pulse signaling at perhaps 10% duty cycle.

Since my present project requires sine waves, I'm using the Freescale kit
at:

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=3PHASELV-KIT

Texas Instruments also has a kit:

http://www.ti.com/tool/drv8312-c2-kit

Both of the above kits comes with a USB controller, and software.  The
Freescale kit also includes a BLDC motor and everything is preinstalled.

I envision this controller kit being able to control solid state relays.

Dave