[TCML] NST earth leakage signalling sensor & output question.

Hello,

I finally found a description about the NST I will be using in my TC. This
is a quote from the description: "One end of the secondary winding has been
earthed. The transformer's protection is class I and its enclosure class is
IP00. It has been equipped with a signalling sensor for a earth leakage
protection unit". Upon seeing reading this I became it bit worried about
the 'signalling sensor', I'm wondering what its purpose is in the NST. I'm
hoping it does not mean that the NST has a GFI. I opened the case slightly
in one end and saw that the connector with the ground symbol (link to image
is further down) is connected to a very thin wire while the inputs N and
PPL were connected with wires of a larger diameter. So I'm guessing the
connector with the ground symbol is, in some way, connected  to the
signalling sensor. Should this signalling sensor pose a problem when using
this NST for a TC?

I'm also wondering how I best can connect a wire to the enclosure. On one
of the pictures you can see traces of some sort of wire as well as a spot
where the case has been scraped to reveal the metal; do you have any advice
on how to fasten a wire there?

Regards,
Jacob Karlström

Link to images: