Re: [TCML] NST Questions

On 1/12/13 9:18 AM, Yurtle Turtle wrote:
Looks like a solid state NST to me. Coil and core NST's usually come in a fairly large/heavy metal box, with ribbed ceramic insulators for the output.

not always.. My Actown transformers are in a white painted metal enclosure with standard knockouts to run the HV wire through. Inside, it's basically a binding post type connection sticking up through the epoxy encapsulant. The ones with the ceramic ribbed insulators are probably designed for "outside" installations where the connections will get dirty and they need more creepage distance.

looks a lot like this one
http://www.theneonsignguystore.com/product/used-neon-transformers/actown-15000-v-30ma-neon-transformer/