Re: [TCML] Secondary Coil: Wire Gauge and Number of Turns

Not only is the larger current predicted, but it is also observed.  Create
a spark gap with an independent ground to the ground side of a secondary
and then apply it to the top load side of the secondary.  The spark will be
thick and white on the ground side and thin and purple on the top load
side, as would be expected when comparing high current to high potential.

This is why I think coils should be wound with a heavier gauge wire on the
ground side of the secondary and thinner gauge on the top load side.  It is
also why I think the ground side should have a greater diameter than the
top load side.