RE: [TCML] Secondary Coil: Wire Gauge and Number of Turns [FIX]

Q Factor:
A unitless number which you can use as an indication of how efficient a
tuned circuit is (my 'off the top of my head' defination - others will do
much better with that)
Strike two bells simaltanously, one rings longer than the other. The longest
ring comes from the bell with a higher Q number.
OR
If you had a spring hanging down with a weight on the end which you pulled
and let go, it would bounce up and down in a diminishing manner. Do the same
but this time with the weight part dipping in and out of a  beaker of oil,
and it will bounce up and down a lot less, and reduce its oscillations much
quicker than before as well.
Obviously the oil dampens the oscillations, because it is lowering the 'Q'.
So spring in air = high 'Q', spring dipping in oil = low 'Q'
Not very scientific I'm afraid, but that's my take on it. Javatc gives the
'Q' when the coil has no streamers and no energy drain, so it's not a real
picture of things, but it is a way of showing if the design is any good.

Phil