Re: [TCML] Potential transformers and generators

Hi Jay,

A matched pair is great, you can connect primaries and/or secondaries in
series or parallel how it suits you best. Are they single or double poles?

You should definitely use a large enough inductive ballast, since PTs are
not current limited in any way, they will pull well over 5.5 kVa if given
the chance.
Besides, an inductive ballast prevents a high instantaneous capacitor
charging current, assuming you're planning on a large capacitor. I'll be
friendlier on the supply Be aware though of possible resonant rise in the
TC's primary circuit, a properly set safety gap is no luxury here.
Perhaps you'd better visit Richie
Burnett's<http://www.richieburnett.co.uk/ballast.html#ballasting>and
Phil
Tuck's <http://www.hvtesla.com/design.html#res_charge> sites once more for
the full explanation, PTs are excellent transformers to use in a resonant
charging system.

Concerning the generator, I fully agree with Dave and Matt.

Mark