[TCML] ball toroid and arcing from secondary

Hey guys, I'm sure this has been discussed a million times, so if someone has a link to a good answer that would be great.
I switched from a torus shaped topload to a spherical topload. However now the discharges are coming from the top of the secondary windings rather than from the topload. I know this means that the topload is probably too high, but i cant really lower it any more than it already is because there is about 3 inches between the top of the pvc and the top secondary winding. I guess I could cut that down if I had to. I would prefer not to and even If I did have the ball almost sitting on the top winding, I feel like it would still be to high unless I cut a hole in the ball the same diameter of the pvc.
I also know some people make small toroids underneath a higher one, but I would also prefer not to do this. I don't have the money to buy an actual toroid and I want this to look really good (i.e. not a homemade toroid made with aluminum ducting and aluminum tape. This is why I'm switching to the 2 bowls to make a ball in the first place.)
I was wondering if maybe wrapping the top couple windings in electrical tape would work, but I doubt it.
Any suggestions would be appreciate! thanks 		 	   		  _______________________________________________
Tesla mailing list
Tesla@xxxxxxxxxx