[TCML] How critical are overlaps, kinks, or crosses on a secondary coil?

Hello all,

I've finished winding and varnishing my first secondary coil for a DRSSTC, oneTesla design, and there seems to be a few overlaps here and there. After scouring the Web to see the results of such windings, there are some people who say it only affects looks (which is fine for me) and others who say that it will cause shorts (not fine for me). I can link to a picture if you need one, but it's a small secondary coil, 2.5" in outer diameter and 10" high. Most of the overlaps are in the bottom third and are pretty spread out, and there's one small kink at about half.

How badly will this affect the operation of the coil, and can I prevent damage with more coats of varnish?

Thanks,
Ethan