Re: [TCML] Faraday Cage

This is just a small coil that stands about 4 high and using two 9KV NSTs. My intention for the Faraday shield is shielding EMI/EMC. I am putting the coil in a local fair and want to keep other people's electronics safe.

Hey thanks,

Jim

what are you using it for? How big does it need to be? Does it need to be portable?

The design is very different if you're "limiting the reach of sparks" vs "shielding EMI/EMC".

For the former, chicken wire on some sort of frame would work well. Rectangular mesh fencing would also work.

Does anyone have any recommendations on the design and construction of a
Faraday cage?