Re: [Bulk] Re: [TCML] Single-ended NST, wiring

Funny thing, "I" do tie the innermost turn of my primary coil, along with the bottom turn of my secondary coil to the RF ground and this configuration works best for my pole pig system. And yes, I have tried running the primary isolated "floating" in relation to RF ground and ended up with excessive kickback flashovers inside my control panel when running in this mode. Once the primary was "reconnected" to the central RF ground and the bottom turn of the secondary, the flashover issue was resolved. Besides, I never get within striking distance of the bright 12 footers that spew off my coil's top load when running it anyway. Also, I do extensively utilize EMI line filters in my control panel assembly but operation with a floating primary coil still resulted on excessive sparking flash overs inside my control panel circuitry.

David

Sent from my iPhone