Re: [TCML] At a loss. No light on second coil

On Monday, March 25, 2013 04:26:16 PM Andrew Webster wrote:
> So I built a 4 pack MOT
> stack and wired for 240. Center grounded and under oil. There is no
> ballast on this and I can draw some nasty sparks off of this.

So your gap is not quenching, hence no sparks.

>I am using a static sucker gap as I melted the brass off of the ARSG
>in seconds. The static gap is holding up better to the heat until I
>can get some tungsten.

I probably should not say this, but:
You might try a 100 foot extension cord to act as a "resistive ballast"
keep run time short, as the extension cord will heat up, could melt, could start
a fire. Only a test :-D

Or better, do a real ballast.